In the 11th to the 14th century a large group of jewellery was consisting of twined ornaments and similar weave techniques. Such jewellery is found in abundance in archaeological monuments of the 13th and 14th centuries. This group includes twined necklaces, necklaces with headbands, rings with a winding on the front part, pins with plaited heads, plaited bracelets, rings and bracelets.
A rare find in the Baltic area is a woven horse collar, dating back to the 13th or 14th century. It was twisted from 3 silver wires, and has carved ornaments, floral motifs and the sun at the ends. This was the collar of a wealthy duke’s horse.
Kiddush cups from the 19th century are the artworks of Jewish goldsmiths. For a long time, Jews could not freely engage in jeweller’s craft, or to sell their artworks, as they were persecuted by competitors – Vilnius goldsmith guild. Jewish goldsmiths operated at larger Jewish community centres near Kahalas. Until the middle of the 18th century, Jewish goldsmiths mostly were fulfilling orders of their fellow men. Artisans produced liturgical ware and ornaments for the wealthy.
Tray with coins
Historicist style tray with valuable numismatic value content. The denominations of coins on the bottom range from ortho to a thaler. Coins were minted in the 16 to 19 centuries in Lithuania, Poland, Germany, France, Austria, Hungary, Turkey, and the Central American Republic. The earliest coin is keturgrašis (four groats) from the times of Sigismund Augustus 1565-1569. The top tray depicts the Polish Eagle with a tracery SAR monogram of the last Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth King Stanislaus Augustus Poniatowski.
Neoclassical style silver cup with two handles and a lid was donated to President Antanas Smetona on 9 September 1934 for his 60th anniversary, by the diplomatic and consular corps. It's made in Berlin, by master G. Frydlander.
In total, the third floor has three large and eight smaller displays with a variety of silverware, an antique chest with several locks, and a money box.